At this post we will explain All about Belkin wireless Router Security. Some Key Points Will Be Like –
- How to Setup Or Change Belkin wireless
- Why & How to Lock Belkin Router Dashboard with a Password?
- How to Keep neighbors & Other Unwanted People Off Your Network
- Security Measure For Keeping the Belkin Wireless Network security up a Notch.
- What Type of security Authentication Should you Use?
to Begin you Must Know How to Login Belkin Router Admin Console For Any of the Steps to work
Note- You can use Any Device Or Platform to Perform these task As long as they are Connected to Belkin Router & Have a Full Browser. We Recommend Using a Desktop Or Laptop Connected to Belkin. Depending on the Firmware Or Model Some Steps may Differ So Brace for Adjustments.
Lets Start From the First Topic –
Setup a Password for Belkin Wireless-
- Open Web Browser & Access Belkin Dashboard Using 192.168.2.1
- Look Under Wireless Section & Click On Security
- Under Security, Select Security Authentication Please select WPA/WPA2-Personal(PSK) Under Authentication select WPA-PSK+WPA2-PSK
- Use AES Or TKIP+AES As the security Technique
- On Next step Type, the Password Wish to Setup for your Belkin wireless
- Uncheck the Mark on Obscure if you like to see the password.
- Apply the settings and Your Router May Require to Reboot
Now Use Your New Password to Communicate with Belkin router .
How to Lock Belkin Dashboard –
Most People Get Confused Between Belkin Admin (Dashboard) Password & Belkin Wireless Password. to Make it Simple Here is the Explanation –
Belkin Wireless Password – this password Help you connect with Router & Enable you to access Internet. this Prevents Any unauthorized connection to Belkin Router and Keep your Wireless secure From Outside.
Belkin Dashboard Password – this is a Password on Belkin Console. Because in Order to Connect With Belkin Console the device Needs to Be connected With it So it Stops Anyone Inside your Network to Access Belkin settings. Belkin Highly Recommends to Keep the Router admin Locked with a Admin password.
- Just Login to your Belkin Router and Look at the Right Hand Top. An UnLocked Icon Should be there
- You Will Be Asked to Type a Password. Please Type a Complex password and Save it
Belkin Dashboard is Locked & You Are Good to Go.
Tips & Advice to Secure Belkin Router –
- Always Create Password that You Can Remember & Hard to Guess for Other.
- Make a Complex Password and Know that Password is Case Sensitives.
- Right Down Password Somewhere in Hard Copy in case, you Forget it After Some time. Mention Wireless Password & Admin Console Password separately So You Don’t Get Confused Between them
- Don’t share Your Password with People you don’t trust.
- Turn Off Or Password Protect Guest Network on your Belkin Router.
- Make Sure Remote access of your Router is Turned Off So Unless you are Using it No One Else can have access & Control Over your Wireless Network.
Read More On What Belkin Say About Setting Up Security at https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=10805
we Hope all this Tricks Will Do the Work for you. Please Comment Below & Let us Know if you Need anymore Help to Secure Belkin router.